Adnan Siddiqui believes that Mohsin Abbas Haider should be given a second chance because he “has been punished enough”. Siddiqui is producing Mohsin’s upcoming drama Ghamandi in which he will be sharing the screen with rumoured girlfriend Nazish Jahangir.
Speaking to The Express Tribune, Siddiqui said: “First of all, I don’t think what Mohsin did should’ve been in the papers, to begin with. That’s a debate I don’t want to get into but I feel that people are just going to enjoy or take pleasure from your misery. Nobody wants to help you.”
The actor then said that people should be given second chances.
“Hypothetically speaking, if you do not give a chance to someone who deserves it – just because of their personal life – aren’t you making them a patient of repression?” questioned Adnan.
He continued, “You’ve punished him enough, he had also lost his show. But we are no one to stop anyone from earning. When we are not the providers of livelihood why should we be the ones taking it away?”
Adnan added that he believes that art should be separated from the artist.
Meanwhile, Sohail Javed who is directing the serial has shared that Ghamandi will be a “family drama”.
Mohsin Abbas made headlines last year after his former wife Fatima Sohail accused him of being abusive towards her and alleged that he was cheating on her. She later also filed an FIR against the singer on grounds of abusive behaviour and that Mohsin extorted money from her. In August 2019, Mohsin was found guilty of threatening Fatema by a lower court in Lahore. However, he was found innocent of breach of trust and demanding money from his wife. Their divorce was finalised in September 2019.
Following the allegations, Mohsin was removed from Dunya News’ talk-show Mazaq Raat.
Meanwhile, on Friday it was reported that Mohsin and Nazish were arrested by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA)’s cybercrime wing over charges of blackmailing, harassment, fake pictures and videos. Fatima had filed a case with FIA accusing Mohsin and Nazish of harassing her over social media. However, the duo rejected the reports and dismissed them as fake news.