Sometimes the process of transferring data from an iPhone to a Windows PC is so hard that you start to question why you spent so much money on this flashy Apple flagship.
If there isn’t a lot of data stored on the iPhone, transferring data from the iPhone to a PC may not be a problem. While those who have thousands of photos and 4K videos may experience bothersome issues, since the iPhone’s compatibility with a Windows PC is not too friendly.
You can transfer photos and videos from an iPhone to a Windows PC using the techniques listed below:
There are two ways, USB or Wi-Fi, to sync your music, videos, photos, contacts, calendars, and device backups through your iTunes account.
Sync Apple iTunes via USB
Open iTunes. Make sure you’ve got the most recent version.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC via USB. You will see a device appear in the upper left corner of iTunes under Connected Devices.
- Click on the mobile icon.
- Click Settings on the left side of iTunes to see the categories of content you can sync.
- Select the content, then click on Sync in iTunes.
- In the lower right corner of iTunes, click Apply. Automatic synchronisation will be activated. Your devices will now sync whenever you connect via USB and have iTunes open.
Want to have more control over the location of your PC backup of your iPhone’s files? Grab the USB cable once more and give Windows AutoPlay a try.Plug in your iPhone via USB.
- Open the Settings menu on your PC and click Devices.
- Click on AutoPlay on the left side of the screen.
- Click on Choose AutoPlay Defaults to tell your PC where to put your photos, files and music.
Import photos and videos through Windows Photos app
If none of these methods work for you, you can open the Windows 10 pictures app and choose to import from device after connecting your phone to your computer.
- Turn your phone on and unlock it. Your PC will not detect the device if it is locked.
- On your PC, click the Start button and then click Photos to open the Photos app.
- Select Import > From a USB device, then select the device. You can choose the items you want to import and where you want to save them. Give detection and transfer some time.
There are two third-party tools that can simplify the process of transferring and syncing data between your iPhone and PC:
- You can manage the files on your iPhone and export or import your data between the two devices using EaseUS’s MobiMover. When connected up, you may configure it to back up your phone with a single click. Your data can be transferred across two separate iPhones as well.
- Similar automatic wireless device syncing capabilities are offered by iMazing. Your data, apps, and preferred settings can all be transferred when upgrading to a new version of the iPhone.