Five areas in Peshawar are under smart lockdown, according to a notification issued by the Peshawar Deputy Commissioner.
According to a notification, the areas are:
- Streets 7-11, Sector E-VI, Phase VII, Hayatabad
- Streets 1, 1-A and 2, Sector N-IV, Phase IV, Hayatabad
- University Town area, bound by Circular Lane, Park Road and Old Jamrud Road
- Hayatabad Industrial Estate, bound by Industrial Estate Road, Wazirdund Canal, National Highway 5, Polyfine Chemfarma Road
- Peshawar Cantt area, bound by Gulberg Road, Stadium Road and Qayyum Sports Complex
Lockdown in these areas will be executed from 6 pm today and will remain in place until further notice. During the lockdown, all gatherings will be banned and all shops except those of essential services will remain closed. Congregations in mosques will also be restricted to five people only.
Pakistan has reported 400,482 coronavirus cases so far. The virus cases emerged during the last 24 hours are 2,458.