Higher Education Commission Pakistan (HEC) has announced the ‘Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program’ for academic year 2024-25 that aims at supporting outstanding students in collaboration with Hungary.
The program involves Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD programs. Students who want to apply will have to sit for an exam that will be conducted in January and Feburary of the next year.
The commission has confirmed that the program is supported by the Tempus Public Foundation Hungary to facilitate eligible individuals.
How to Apply
1. Applicants are MANDATORILY required to submit online applications at the Hungarian website and HEC website. Failure to submit online application forms on BOTH websites mentioned at Step (1) and Step (2) will not be considered for further processing.
2. Hard copies of applications and other documents are not required at the initial stage. However, applicants are required to keep a record of all the submitted documents along with printed copies of BOTH application forms (submitted online at the HEC website & Hungarian website).
3. At a later stage of the selection process, applicants will be required to submit hard copies (including online application forms submitted at the HEC website & Hungarian website) along with attested photocopies of all the original documents. Original medical certificate and police clearance certificate also need to be submitted at later stages of the application process.
Step (1) Tempus Public Foundation (Hungarian side) Online Application:
- All applications shall be submitted through the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation Hungary. The application guideline can be found at https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/
After registration, applicants are able to access the application surface and upload the required documents. Please note that no applications will be accepted without the online submission and after the deadline. After applying online, get its printed copies for record.
- Apply online please visit: https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/apply/
- Application Guide for the applicants can be found on our website: https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/uploads/2020/03/Application_Guide_for_the_Stipendium_Hungaricum_Programme_2024_25.pdf
Step (2) HEC Online Application:
- Apply online at: https://scholarship.hec.gov.pk/. After registering and filling out your profile, please select “Hungarian Scholarship Program”. After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed by the applicant. The HEC online application portal shall close on January 15, 2024 (1600 Hours Pakistan Time).
- Before applying, kindly update your HEC profile with the latest email/cell number & updated information. You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline. After successful submission of the application at the HEC portal, retain a printed copy application form signed by yourself.
- Submission of online applications at https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/apply/ & https://Scholarship.hec.gov.pk portal is mandatory. In case of non-submission of forms on any of the above two portals, candidature will not be considered.
- All applicants are required to provide HAT or USAT test scores. Test categories are attached for information on applicants. Applicant must have obtained a minimum score of 50 out of 100 in HAT or USAT test. Those applicants who have taken the HAT or USAT test on or after January 15, 2022, may upload the test result on the HEC portal for consideration.
- Interested applicants who are yet to take the HAT or USAT test, may register for the same by visiting https://etc.hec.gov.pk/. Without providing a minimum HAT or USAT test score (50 out of 100), applications will not be considered for further processing.