A family from Uttar Pradesh, India ended up in a hospital after confusing marijuana leaves with methi and mistakenly making a ‘ganja sabzi’ out of it.
A local vegetable seller, Naval Kishore sold a packet full of weed claiming that it was methi to a villager’s son, Nitesh as a prank.
Nitesh gave the packet of weed to his sister-in-law to cook it. According to reports, the family of six unknowingly ate the cooked marijuana leaves.
Minutes after they ate their food, the family started feeling uncomfortable and asked their neighbours to call a doctor. While their neighbours were calling a doctor, the entire family fainted.
The neighbours immediately called the police after which the family was hospitalized. The police cracked the mystery after they found a cooking pot with the leftover food next to an uncooked pack of weed.
The cooked marijuana and raw leaves were detained and the police went on to investigate the vegetable vendor for his irresponsible act.
The police has caught the vegetable vendor for putting so many lives at risk. Authorities further confirmed that a case will be registered after a formal complaint is filed.