Pakistan’s T20I vice-captain, Shadab Khan, will be seen in action in the upcoming Hundred tournament in England this year.
According to a sports journalist, the star all-rounder has been picked in the Hundred draft by Manchester Originals.
Other big overseas names drafted for the Originals include Kagiso Rabada and Nicholas Pooran.
Other than these, Harry Gurney, Jamie Overton, Tom Lammonby, Steven Finn, Colin Ackermann, Richard Gleeson, and Tom Hartley are the other players picked by the franchise.
The inaugural Hundred tournament is scheduled later this year. It is pertinent to mention here that the 8-team tournament was to take place in 2020, however, it was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation across the world.
The teams includes Manchester Originals, Northern Superchargers, Birmingham Phoenix, Trent rockets, Welsh Fire, London Spirit, Oval Invincibles and Southern Brave.
The opening match of the tournament will take place on July 22 between the Oval Invincibles and Manchester Originals at the Oval in London.
Meanwhile, it is reported that the Pakistani skipper, Babar Azam is among the players in the highest reserve price bracket. While Shaheen Shah Afridi will also be playing in the tournament.
The format of the game is:
- 100 balls per innings
- A change of ends after 10 balls
- Bowlers deliver either five or 10 consecutive balls
- Each bowler can deliver a maximum of 20 balls per game
- Each bowling side gets a strategic time-out of up to two and a half minutes
- A 25-ball powerplay start for each team
- Two fielders are allowed outside the initial 30-yard circle during the powerplay
- Teams will be able to call time-outs, as has been the case in the IPL since 2009
- A simplified scoreboard is also proposed