A tragic accident took place at the Government Degree College in Khairpur, Sindh, when a student, Mehtab Ali, passed away during Grade XI intermediate board examinations due to load shedding in extreme heat.

According to The Nation, Ali fainted during his exam and was rushed to the hospital where he passed away despite attempts to revive him.

While students are giving their final examinations, the ongoing power outrage has exposed them to the heatwave, putting many at risk of suffering from heat strokes or nose bleeds. The Sindh Minister for Board and Education, Ismail Rahoo, has encouraged authorities to ensure that examination halls have uninterrupted power supply so that such fatal incidents can be avoided.