Pakistan Super League (PSL) franchise Multan Sultans skipper Mohammad Rizwan has added another feather in his cap on Friday when he became the first Pakistani to complete two century partnerships in a T20 innings.
Rizwan, who opens for Sultans, first added 119 off 72 with Shan Masood and then 103 off just 39 deliveries with Rilee Rossouw for the second wicket.
This was the first time that two 100-run partnerships were completed by a batsman in a PSL innings, while overall it was the 12th such instance in a T20 game.
In Friday’s game against Quetta Gladiators, Rizwan also took his total PSL hundred partnerships to six.
Only eight batters, worldwide, had achieved the milestone of featuring in two century partnerships in a single inning of a T20 match.
Here’s the list of players who have featured in two century partnerships in a single T20 innings:
- Aron Finch – Australia vs England
- BP Chapungu – Mid West Rhino vs Mashonaland Island
- Adam Lyth – Yorkshire vs Northamptonshire
- Will Young – Central Districts vs Canterbury
- Tom Kohler Cadmore – Yorkshire vs Leicestershire
- David Warner – Australia vs Sri Lanka
- Devon Conway – Wellington vs Auckland
- Rayyan Pathan – Canada vs Panama
- Mohammad Rizwan – Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators
On Friday, Sultans also broke their own record, beating Quetta by 117 runs. Last year, Multan defeated Quetta by a 110-run win.
Leave a Reply