After Twitter and Facebook suspended US President Donald Trump’s accounts over inciting violence, the President has said he will look into building his own platform. The decision to suspend Trump’s social media account came after thousand of supported stormed the US capitol earlier this week.
Trump sent the latest tweets on his POTUS account after Twitter banned his personal account.
“I predicted this would happen. We have been negotiating with various other sites and will have a big announcement soon. While we also look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the near future.”
“We will not be SILENCED!” wrote Trump.
It the first that Twitter has suspended the account of any head of state.
Before Twitter, Trump’s account was indefinitely banned by Facebook.
“The shocking events of the last 24 hours clearly demonstrate that President Donald Trump intends to use his remaining time in office to undermine the peaceful and lawful transition of power to his elected successor, Joe Biden,” Zuckerberg had said in a statement posted on Facebook.
Trump has repeatedly used Twitter and other platforms to claim his defeat in the November 3 election was due to widespread voter fraud and to share other conspiracy theories, and had urged supporters to come to Washington on Wednesday and march on the Capitol to protest the election result.