Pakistan captain Babar Azam was crowned ICC (International Cricket Council) player of the month of August on Tuesday. Babar Azam was shortlisted for Player of the Month along with Pakistani all-rounder Shadab Khan and West Indian Wicketkeeper batsman Nicholas Pooran.
Pakistan cricket captain Babar Azam and all-rounder Shadab Khan have been shortlisted for the International Cricket Council (ICC) Player of the Month award. The award is based on recent performances in the last month from day 1 to the last day of the month.
Pakistani skipper Babar Azam is aiming to become the first men’s category cricketer to win three ICC Player of the Month awards. West-Indies Wicket keeper Nicholas Pooran is also nominated for the ICC Player of the Month Award along with Babar and Shadab.
Babar Azam recently scored 53 and 60 runs against Afghanistan and 151 runs against Nepal in the first match of Asia Cup 2023.
Shadab Khan is shortlisted for the first time as the ICC Player of the Month award after his recent performances with bat and ball. Shadab Khan took three wickets against Afghanistan in the last ODI match and four wickets against Nepal in the opening match of Asia Cup 2023.
Nicholas Pooran is also nominated for the first time as the ICC Player of the Month award. He scored 176 runs against India in five T20 matches series and led the team to win the series by 3-2.
These shortlisted players are then voted for by fans around the world and by an independent ICC voting academy.
The ICC Voting Academy comprises former players, well-known journalists, broadcasters, and members of the ICC Hall of Fame.
ICC Voting Academy has 90% of the voting shares while the remaining 10% shares of the fans. Fans can register their vote on the official website of ICC. The winners of the month are announced every second Monday of each month.