The Chinese Embassy in Pakistan on Saturday strongly condemned a suicide attack targeting a vehicle carrying Chinese nationals in Balochistan’s Gwadar district on Friday, asking Pakistan “to take practical and effective measures” to prevent recurrence of such incidents in the future, reported Dawn.


At least two children were killed and three people were injured when a suicide bomber blew himself near the vehicle at around 7pm on Friday.

In its statement, the Chinese Embassy demanded Pakistan to properly treat the wounded and conduct a thorough investigation on the attack, and severely punish the perpetrators.”

RELATED STORIES

It also extended “its sincere sympathies to the injured of both countries” and expressed its deep condolences to the victims in Pakistan.

ADVERTISEMENT

“At the same time, relevant departments at all levels in Pakistan must take practical and effective measures to accelerate, to implement strengthened whole-process security measures and upgrade security cooperation mechanism to ensure that similar incidents will not happen again,” the embassy said.

Previously, on July 14, nine Chinese nationals and three Pakistanis lost their lives. Chinese workers and accompanying Pakistani staff were proceeding to their workplace for an ongoing project, as per a statement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).

After initially suggesting that the incident was an accident, the government earlier this month said a suicide bomber had attacked the bus which was carrying Chinese workers to the under-construction Dasu dam.