Pir Fayyaz Shah, one of the suspects in the Fatima murder case, has been re-arrested today.

The prosecution legal team has claimed that Fayyaz Shah has been arrested for two other pending cases filed against him after Fatima’s murder FIR was filed — one issue pertaining to a jirga and the other for harbouring criminals.

A bench of the high court had granted Fayyaz Shah a six-day bail, ordering the police not to detain him in connection with the murder case of the child maid Fatima at the Ranipur Haveli.


Following his arrest, Shah was relocated to an undisclosed location.

Pir Fayyaz Shah is Asad Shah’s father-in-law, the owner of the mansion where Fatima died, and the father of the other suspect, Hina Shah. He has persistently claimed that Fatima died due to illness and the family had no involvement in the case. He claims that they are being targeted for political persecution.

Earlier, Sindh High Court Hyderabad bench granted security bail of Rs50,000, while the decision on the bail of Hina Shah will be pronounced on September 26.

Similarly, five-day physical remand of Asad Shah and Imtiaz Merasi were approved.

Asad Shah and medical dispenser Imtiaz Merasi, accused in the Fatima murder case, were produced in the Anti-Terrorism Court.

A 15-day physical remand was requested by the police, but the court granted a five-day physical remand and handed them over to CTD Sukkur.

The accused were shifted to Sukkur CTD under tight security.

Additionally, since the past one month, nothing, including the pin code of the mobile phone, could be recovered from the accused, Pir Shah.

Fatima’s parents had expressed doubts over the performance of Khairpur police, on which IG Sindh handed over the accused to CTD’s DSP Abdul Qadoos.

Caretaker Provincial Minister and IG Sindh visit Fatima’s house

Caretaker Interior Minister Brigadier (retd) Haris Nawaz and IG Sindh visited village Khan Wahan of District Naushahro Feroze where they condoled with the father of deceased Fatima Phuriro.

Nawaz said that he will ensure justice in Fatima’s case, giving instructions to the inquiry officer to complete the inquiry soon.