The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government’s Department of Relief, Rehabilitation & Settlement has released a list of directives for its employees to help prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus in shared workspaces.
Here are the measures you can take to ensure a healthy environment for all employees:
- Employees must be politely directed against hugging and shaking hands or coming into any needless physical contact with each other. This can help prevent the virus from being transferred to healthy employees from employees who may already have the virus but are not showing its symptoms.
- Employees must wash their hands at least three to four times a day with soap or an alcohol-based sanitizer
- All towels in toilets should be changed frequently or replaced with disposable towels that can be trashed after first use.
- Any tissues, once used, should be disposed of immediately in a trash bin.
- Biometric attendance to be stopped with immediate effect. This can help prevent the virus from being transferred to healthy employees from a sick individual via biometric machines.
- Any unnecessary contact with side railings and doors should be avoided. Healthy employees can pick up the virus by touching surfaces that a sick employee has also touched.
- Likewise, appropriate safety precautions must be taken when coming in contact with office machinery such as telephones, fax machines and computers.
- In case of cough and flu, the employee must seek medical attention on first priority.
- A mask should be worn by any person showing symptoms of cough and flu. This is to prevent the virus from spreading in the environment through coughing and sneezing.
- Face-masks should be discarded after one day of use.
Leave a Reply