On September 12, the majority of regions are likely to receive Apple’s newest iOS 16. All compatible devices will be able to update to the most advanced and intelligent operating system created by the Cupertino-based tech giant.
A deeper intelligence, brand-new tools for personalization, and improved sharing and communication capabilities are all part of iOS 16’s enhancements to the iPhone.
These iPhones are compatible with iOS 16:
iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max
iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max
iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max
iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max
iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max
iPhone X, iPhone XR
iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone SE (2nd generation or later)
- With iOS 16, you can now simply switch between various Lock Screens, each with a different background and aesthetic. For ideas, explore a gallery of wallpapers with suggested images and thematic collections.
- Make your iPhone unique with brand-new ways to customise the Lock Screen. Highlight favourite images, alter font styles, and put up a few widgets to access information quickly.
- View notifications in a concealed view, stacked view, or extended list view on the lock screen. Additionally, alerts are hidden by appearing at the bottom of the screen.
- You can now make changes to a recently sent message or decide not to send it at all. Additionally, if you are unable to react right away but want to do so later, you can mark a message as unread.
- The Home app has been completely redesigned to be even more effective and dependable. Utilize the newly designed Home tab to navigate all of your smart home accessories. You can now access the necessary accessories with just a tap thanks to new sections for climate, lights, security, and more. Additionally, a multicamera view places your smart home cameras in the spotlight.
- Real-time transcription of audio into text makes it simpler to follow conversations and news.
How to update to iOS 16?
Make sure your device is plugged in and connected to the Internet with Wi-Fi. Then follow these steps:
Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
You may see software update options available. You can choose to stay on iOS and still get important security updates.
To update to iOS 16 click on the patch available and tap Install Now.