Chief Minister Sindh Murad Ali Shah has announced new Covid-19 restrictions in the province amid the sharp surge in infections of the deadly virus. The positivity rate in the city’s capital has reached 35 percent. Despite the high positivity rate, no lockdown will be imposed in the city.
A meeting of The Sindh Task Force chaired by CM Sindh was held today in which the decision to not close the educational institutes in the province was made.
However, new Covid-19 restrictions were decided in the meeting. The restrictions include:
- Government employees flouting the SOPs, including the mask-wearing rule, will have to pay a fine to be deducted from their salary
- Food at weddings to be distributed in boxes
- Wearing mask has been made compulsory in all Public Places
- Authorities to check vaccination cards
- Only vaccinated people will be allowed in markets
As per NCOC, Pakistan recorded 4286 new cases of Covid-19 in the last 24 hours with four people losing their lives to the deadly virus.